When you truly believe in a project, the time you work on it knows no limits. This often leads you into having a “weekend hustle”.
I am not a stranger to the weekend hustle.
It’s in my DNA to channel my creativity through work on the daily.
Right now, my side hustle is strictly focused on documenting the key lessons I learn each day. This is more of a weekday project, but it almost always carries over into Saturday.
It’s a real struggle trying to balance family life, work, side hustles, hobbies, and relaxation.
But when you’re doing what you love, that all finds a way to blend together.
It still takes a game plan and conscious effort, but it works out.
If you’re just starting on a side hustle, or could you a few pointers on balancing it with all your other priorities, I’ll offer up some tips.
How do you balance life, work, and weekend hustles?
From my own experience, it can be helpful to:
- discuss with your family or friends who may be affected and come up with a strategy for still spending ample time doing things together
- journal every day (even if it’s just one sentence)
use Google Calendar to allocate time to each priority (and make sure to color code)
- serve yourself to a Pomodoro timer to sprint through work
- set aside one hour from 8:00 – 9:00 pm each night to sprint through work
- eliminate projects/hobbies/habits that don’t contribute to your main goal OR your mental and physical well-being
Along the way, always keep your main goal in mind. If, at any point, your weekend hustle veers off course and you’re just doing it out of habit: re-assess.
It is super important to have a clear reason for each project. If you come to a point where your project no longer has purpose or isn’t pointing toward your goal, CUT IT.
You only have so many hours in a day to put toward something meaningful.
Be quick to identify waste and never be scared to cut things out of your life for good.
I would LOVE to hear what you are working on in your spare time. Shoot me a message in the comments below, or hit me up on social media!